As a grassroots organization, the League of Women Voters needs interested citizens to help us making democracy work for our community. There are several ways for you
to become involved.
- Become a member. Our members make a visible difference by serving as community leaders using their experience to create positive, lasting change in our communities. See our members in action in the community on our Flickr page.
- Join a program/study committee.. Our program committees base their activities on local, state and national League public policy positions. Committees meet on a regular basis, usually monthly, to study issues in their area of interest. They conduct studies, invite guest speakers to their meetings, provide informational material for the public and our members, serve as observers to local government bodies and elected boards, plan advocacy campaigns, testify and take action.
- Join a unit. Units are small discussion groups for members and guests, which meet regularly September through April throughout Greater Cincinnati. (See our calendar for most up-to-date information). Our units discuss issues of importance to the community and learn about League activities at the State and National level.
- Sign up to get our action alerts. Our Action Committee sends out periodic alerts with information on events and pending legislation that may be of interest to our members and the community at large. Sign up to get our action alerts.Sign up today if you would like to receive these notifications.
- Get informed. The League of Women Voters believes in informed and active participation in government. Whether you have questions on how to vote, what is on the ballot for upcoming election, or major public policy issues, the League can provide you with balanced and thorough information.