Because democracy is not a spectator sport
Welcome to the website of the League of Women Voters of the Cincinnati Area, a nonpartisan political organization! We hope you join us as we make democracy work in our communities. Call 513-281-VOTE if you have questions. Learn more about the LWVCA.
Right Now Learn More
- Changing CO2urse: Please join us for a monthly series of community conversations engaging films and speakers which address global climate change as a crisis of human conscience. How can we collectively change our local social infrastructure to build a more resilient community? How can we live more simply - and more richly - on Earth? Everyone welcome. Light refreshments served. Sunday, December 22 at 7:00 pm. Screening of "A Place at the Table."
- Gun Legislation in the Ohio Legislature: Nineteen gun bills have been introduced this year into Ohio Legislative Committees. Click here to download a PDF list. Act now by learning more about this topic and how to take action. Consider providing testimony at committee meetings as private citizen. Please note only League Presidents can testify on behalf of LWVCA.
- LWVCA thanks the panelists and audience of A Forum on Fracking for a stimulating discussion. Everyone seemed to learn something new about this technology. The League has taken positions on climate change, air, water, and community safety for many years, which led us to study Hydraulic Fracturing. To learn more, download this PDF of the LWV of Ohio issue brief on fracking. See also a PDF of a study paper prepared by LWVCA's Natural Resources Committee.
- Read our November/December 2013 (PDF) newsletter here! Highlights include voter service reports; news from the Natural Resources Committee; study pages for our November Unit discussions on the League's position on Education and Desegregation; and more! Visit our newsletter page to see previous issues.
Upcoming Events Learn More
- We sponsor meetings and events for the public and League members. For a complete listing of all League events and internal meetings click here.
Voting Help Learn More
- Who is on the ballot in the next election? How do I register to vote? ...and more