THE 2019 TRU is AVAILABLE!
For more information click TRU image
PART-TIME OFFICE MANAGER
League of Women Voters of the Cincinnati Area seeks a part-time office manager to support its volunteer members and Board.
Manager will be responsible for general office functions by performing duties personally or through volunteers. Requires proficiency in QuickBooks, Adobe products, Microsoft Office and a basic knowledge of webpage design. Prefer experience with SalesForce and knowledge of political systems.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION
Works with and through the volunteer structure of the organization to:
FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT THE POSITION CLICK HERE
- Manage office operations and procedures such as bookkeeping, filing systems, mail, ordering of supplies, and office equipment use and maintenance.
- Maximize office productivity through proficient use of appropriate software applications.
- Produce and distribute the monthly Voter newsletter, drawing upon edited input from volunteers.
- Maintain and update the website.
- Coordinate support activities of various projects within the office. Work with project leaders and their respective Vice Presidents/Directors who are responsible for the organization and execution of the projects within their portfolios.
- Update office and online calendars for smooth operations and use of facilities.
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment.
- Formulate and execute procedures for systematic retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Plan office layout, and suggest cost control programs to the Supervisor.
- Serves as liaison with building management for office maintenance and security needs.
- Research and develop resources that create a timely and efficient workflow.
- Other assignments that may arise in the general areas of office clerical work.
Interested candidates, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
MAKING DEMOCRACY WORK CELEBRATION - FEBRUARY 23, 2019
Join the League of Women Voters of the Cincinnati Area as we celebrate 99 years of Making Democracy Work! This year we will be honoring Ann Lugbill and Brewster Rhoads for their passionate dedication to fair government, the political process, and community service. Community members, local officials, League members, and our supporters are invited to celebrate informed and active participation in government at a Hotel Covington Brunch event with networking, a silent auction, and mimosa bar.
For more information on attending, sponsorship, or to volunteer at the event visit: Make Democracy Work Celebration.
FEBRUARY UNIT MEETING
Topic: MASS INCARCERATION
There are 2.2 million people in the nation's prisons and jails--a 500% increase over the last 40 years. Changes in law and policy, not changes in crime rates, explain most of this increase. The results are overcrowding in prisons and fiscal burdens on states, despite increasing evidence that large-scale incarceration is not an effective means of achieving public safety. Read the study pages prepared by League member, Rina Saperstein, and come to a unit meeting to discuss these policy issues.
All unit meetings are open and newcomers welcomed.
- 2nd Monday, Northeast Evening at 6:30 pm at Ferrari's Little Italy
- 2nd Tuesday, Hilltop North at noon in Friendship United Methodist Church, Wyoming
- 2nd Tuesday, Warren/Butler at 7:30 pm in Mason United Methodist Church
- 2nd Wednesday, Central Evening at 5:30 pm. in the League office
3rd Wednesday, Metro Day at noon in the League office
Start or renew your membership in the LWVCA! We would love to have you among our ranks.
Don't forget to check out the LWVCA calendar
for current League information!