The League of Women Voters has three separate and distinct roles.
PART-TIME OFFICE MANAGER
League of Women Voters of the Cincinnati Area seeks a part-time office manager to support its volunteer members and Board.
Manager will be responsible for general office functions by performing duties personally or through volunteers. Requires proficiency in QuickBooks, Adobe products, Microsoft Office and a basic knowledge of webpage design. Prefer experience with SalesForce and knowledge of political systems.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION
Works with and through the volunteer structure of the organization to:
- Manage office operations and procedures such as bookkeeping, filing systems, mail, ordering of supplies, and office equipment use and maintenance.
- Maximize office productivity through proficient use of appropriate software applications.
- Produce and distribute the monthly Voter newsletter, drawing upon edited input from volunteers.
- Maintain and update the website.
- Coordinate support activities of various projects within the office. Work with project leaders and
their respective Vice Presidents/Directors who are responsible for the organization and execution of
the projects within their portfolios.
- Update office and online calendars for smooth operations and use of facilities.
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment.
- Formulate and execute procedures for systematic retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and
disposal of records.
- Plan office layout, and suggest cost control programs to the Supervisor.
- Serves as liaison with building management for office maintenance and security needs.
- Research and develop resources that create timely and efficient workflow.
- Other assignments that may arise in the general areas of office clerical work.
May vary, but will include the following:
Responsible to Voter Services Vice President: Produces, duplicates, and distributes They Represent Us (TRU) and The Voter Guide, drawing upon input from volunteers using Adobe InDesign.
Responsible to Treasurer:
Processes incoming checks and bills in a timely and accurate manner; enters bookkeeping transactions in QuickBooks accounting system; Uses PayPal, or other automated payment systems, for member dues, contributions, and events.
Responsible to Membership Director:
Keeps accurate member records locally and with LWVO (state) and LWVUS (national), entering data in Salesforce and LWVUS data system.
Supervisory Responsibilities + Office Volunteers:
- Responsible for training new office volunteers on use of office equipment.
- Directs certain volunteer activities as appropriate.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities, physical demands, and work environment for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Education and Experience:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Associate Degree or three years office management experience.
- Prior experience working with volunteers is highly desirable.
- Professionally answer the telephone and deal with the public in a professional manner.
- Operate and maintain the office equipment.
- Have basic knowledge of political systems + local, state, and national.
- Have a basic knowledge of the League's positions and decision processes.
- Have an understanding of the organization's financial statements.
- Must be able to work in a multitasking environment.
- Computer/Equipment Requirements:
Must be proficient with QuickBooks and Microsoft Windows office software, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Highly prefer experience with Salesforce.
Should be familiar with graphics software, preferably InDesign.
Should be familiar with a computer network system.
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret government-related publications.
- Able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Knowledge of journalistic rules of writing, layout, and printing.
- Able to set overall office priorities and review these with supervisors - able to agree on what may not get accomplished.
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Able to give instructions to and effectively use volunteers with a wide range of skills and abilities.
- Able to work independently without more than occasional on-site supervision.
- Able to keep the Supervisor well informed.
- Able to calculate figures and amounts such as sums, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit at a desk; use hands to type or key, use a mouse, or use an adaptive device. The employee must be able to lift and move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision ability required by this job includes close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Business casual environment.
- May frequently be alone in the office.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to revise this position and to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Send resume to email@example.com.
The League of Women Voters, a membership organization, conducts action and advocacy and is a nonprofit 501(c)(4) corporation.
To conduct our voter service and citizen education activities, we use funds from the League of Women Voters of the Cincinnati Area Education Fund, which is a 501(c)(3) corporation, a nonprofit educational organization.
We would love to connect with you on social media! Find us at these following sites: